eLearning, the future of education
The COVID-19 pandemic brought every aspect of our society to a halt. Organizations, raced to identify ways to sustain operation by working remotely; however many immediately realized that they are not ready for working remotely.
The COVID-19 pandemic brought every aspect of our society to a halt. Organizations, raced to identify ways to sustain operation by working remotely; however many immediately realized that they are not ready for working remotely. The business model, currently in place, does not allow for productive outcomes. e Learning is now accepted as a practical approach to improving learning:
1. Geographically dispersed with limited resources to travel: organizations have limited budget for travel and for classrooms.
2. Learning is needed as soon as the need has been identified (Just in Time): It is no longer sufficient to rely on ad-hoc training and education to be successful; continuous training is a must
3. Budget reductions due to change in market dynamics: Public and private organizations are set to reduce their budget and training will be among the first items to be hit
4. Customized training & education: content needs to be configured for specific audiences and it is no longer acceptable to offer generic education.
5. Digitized learners: today’s students and learners are comfortable using digital tools
6. Change sin skills requirement among workforce: organizations are demanding automation in the workplace given the social distancing and work from home concepts.
The e Learning Framework
To setup successful e Learning programs, a number of activities must work well together. e Learning is not about tools and applications, it is an integrated learning echo system that is calibrated to work together and produce tangible results as if students were in the classroom
Develop Course Content
Build Digital Infrastructure
Prepare Teachers Digital Competencies
Design Students Learning Competencies
Conducting training is what the learner sees and engages with. However for this activity to be successful many other activities must be properly executed.
Develop Learning Dashboard
To have a successful digital learning, we must continuously evaluate and improve the training process. The following Key Performance Indicators will be measured
A well thought out curriculum must be designed, with the digital channel in mind.
Develop Course Content
Courses must be designed and developed, taking into consideration that a teacher will not be available with the learners. Courses must be carefully created in such a way that produces engagement and interaction.
Teachers must be properly trained and educated on how to deliver training over a digital platform. Teaching, through distance, by using the same traditional approach will fail.
Students must be coached and oriented on how to learn through digital platforms. For the younger crowd, this should include the parents as well.
A digital platform must be implemented which provides seamless integration and ability to meet the requirements of the provider. We are able to implement and launch a digital platform within few weeks.
The success and sustainability of the digital learning depend on a productive organization with supporting functions that enable provide the necessary support. The following areas must be calibrated in order to function properly
We design & implement a full e-learning operation
Determine objectives Assess situation and identify strategic objectives.
Design & develop Design all the required components (curriculum, teacher, students, course contents as well as the digital platform and supporting functions)
Pilot and launch Pilot the program in a limited environment then launch and accelerate